Scholar is Virginia Tech’s customized installation of the Sakai content management system. The following resources can help you as you use the system for your classes:
- Online Help for Scholar
- The documentation that is available in Scholar from the Help link in the sidebar.
- Instructor’s Checklist
- Step-by-step instructions on how to set up a new class in Scholar.
- Handouts and Guides from NLI Training Sessions
- PDFs from all the training courses. You can find resources for all the tools you are likely to use in the software with step-by-step instructions on how to set up and use the features.
- NLI Courses on Scholar
- Courses on using Scholar as well as facilitated lab sessions. One-on-one consulting is also available.
- Teach Yourself Scholar Course
- Step-by-step lessons in a self-paced course on Scholar. Follow these steps to sign up for the course:
- Log into Scholar
- From the menu bar in My Workspace, click Membership.
- Click Joinable Sites to see a list of all the available sites you have not joined.
- In the Search box, type
Teach Yourself Scholar and click Search.
- Click Join when you find the site.